St. Thomas the Apostle is seeking an accomplished professional with training/education and experience in areas of graphic design, editing website content, and desktop publishing. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences is critical.
- Candidate must demonstrate an intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016, Powerpoint, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop). WordPress experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Relationship builder within the parish and broader community
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all ministries, including staff,
PPC members, volunteers, and parishioners
- Work collaboratively with the parish web developer on projects and technology
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and meet deadlines
- Enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Candidate must have a flexible schedule to accommodate occasional evening/weekend meetings and events
- Candidate must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Catholic faith, and a desire to serve in its mission
- This is a part-time hourly position (20—30 hours per week)
- Maintain parish website—ensure that information is current and accurate (articles, links, events, sign-up lists). The web editor must prepare pieces for publication by checking grammar, punctuation, and style to improve clarity and flow.
- Design and edit the parish 16-page weekly bulletin in a timely manner, keeping staff advised of changes in schedules. The editor will make changes to scheduled articles to provide clarity and consistency in messaging, and strive every week for a layout design to attract the reader’s eye.
- Support parish ministries with the design of print materials including, but not
limited to, brochures, fliers and posters
- Manage the development of digital/electronic media (Powerpoint announcement slides and outside signage)
- Coordinate and maintain existing and new signage within the church
- Maintain and update regularly the parish Facebook page, encouraging
- Maintain the parish app
Letter and resume may be sent to: Janet Simmons, 1500 Brookdale Road, Naperville, IL 60563 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include three professional references.