Receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation is about deepening your relationship with God, directing your life more closely to Christ, and relying on the Holy Spirit to give you the gifts to lead the incredible life of faith and service to which God is calling you.
The St. Thomas Confirmation program has a long tradition of youth and parent participation and strong faith formation. The 2019 – 2020 program plan is still in progress; however, you can find information about the previous years below. For more information contact Dorothy Grantham.
Dorothy Grantham at email@example.com
Confirmation preparation is a two-year process. Following accordingly, teens must complete all necessary components of the program for two years to be eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The earliest date for receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation would be the spring of sophomore year.
This is not a one-size-fits-all program. As always, we are open to working with everyone on a case by case basis to address the time-frame and format of these requirements that make the most sense for each teen and family.
A main component of the High School Confirmation and Youth Ministry program at Saint Thomas is preparation for and receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. The two-year process consists of the following components:
Can be done any year, Grades 9-11, but is typically done Freshmen year:
- Attendance at Journey Nights.
- Completion of the Journey Program Service requirements (20 hours throughout the school year).
- Freshmen are required to participate in Freshmen Small Groups, as well as attend a one day Freshmen Journey Retreat.
- Sophomores and above in their first year of prep should attend monthly LIFE Community Nights as their small group experience, in addition to having the option of jumping right into the Year 2 retreat, called LIFE Retreat.
For Year 1 Registration forms, please click here.
Can be done any year, grades 10-12, but is typically done Sophomore year:
- Continued enrollment and attendance at Journey Nights.
- Completion of the Journey Program service requirements.
- Completion of a weekend LIFE Retreat.
- A semester of class experience (two sessions offered, one in the Fall with the other in the Winter, including multiple time slots per week per session)
- Writing of a “Faith Action Plan”
- Selection of a Confirmation sponsor.
- Attend Confirmation rehearsal and other required meetings.
- Sacrament of Confirmation received in February.
For Year 2 Registration forms, please click here.
Please Note: This is the base program for Freshmen and Sophomores. Teens are also encouraged to get involved in additional optional general youth ministry opportunities and may choose to postpone participation in these offerings if they are undecided about Confirmation or wish to be Confirmed after their Sophomore year.
For options for involvement outside of the confirmation program, please click here.