You can check out current meeting topics HERE
The Jobs Ministry at St. Thomas is a faith-based ministry designed to assist Job Seekers in finding meaningful employment. The Jobs Ministry does not guarantee Job Seekers a job, but provides the tools for finding employment.
There are three paths to support those in job transition: Community, Learning, and Networking.
- Community: Those in job transition gather to help one another by sharing job leads and contacts, conducting resume reviews, practicing elevator speeches, providing job resources and reviewing weekly progress.
- Learning: Various courses are presented during the year including: Job Placement, Six Sigma Green Belt Training, and Resume Reviews.
- Networking: Job Leads are shared through a Yahoo Group. Job Seekers who sign up receive daily and weekly e-mails with job postings that have been contributed by others in transition.
Meeting Times at St. Thomas
- Orientation and Networking on the first three Fridays 9:00 – 9:30 am
- Speakers Forum on the first three Fridays 9:30 – 11:30 am in the Gym
- You can check out current meeting topics HERE
- Individual Mentoring (by appointment)
- St. Cajetan Roundtable for Job Search
- Monthly Prayer Service – first Friday of each month 8:00 am
- Leo Foley Coordinator, 630.926.7005, email@example.com
- St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, 630.355.8980
STA Jobs Ministry Resources
- Writing templates
- Resume writing tips
- Interviewing tips
- Networking tips
- and much, much, more! You can download it all HERE
Other Resources Available to those in Transition
Work Force Investment Act Grant Writing Seminars at MicroTrain
WIA is a free grant to job seekers looking to upgrade their skills.
Contact: Mamta Nanavaty, 630.981.0204, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career & Networking Center, 630.961.5665
- Gray Hair Management, Executive Networking, 877.975.2800
- TUG Career Services, 630.631.1871
- workNet DuPage Career Center, 630.955.2068
- Joilet Diocesan Employment Resource Center
- List of Parish Ministries
- Career Builder
Jobs Minstry Team Members
Leo Foley, Coordinator