We are blessed to have a very active Knight of Columbus Council here at St. Thomas that includes 67 Knights. Most are aware of the parish wide gatherings sponsored by the Knights — pancake breakfasts, pasta dinners, Octoberfest and Lenten fish fries. But many might not be aware of the other services they perform in the parish and wider community — Care Pantry help, property maintenance help, Christmas decorations ups and downs, parish picnic support, Hesed House volunteer assistance, St. Patrick’s Residence assistance and more.
With the funds raised from the parish gatherings above and dues from the Knights, the K of C has made donations totaling $6,931 thus far in 2020.
- All Saints Catholic Academy – $500.00
- Hesed House Supplies – $1,031
- St Thomas Cares – $1,300
- Waterleaf Women’s Center – $1,000
- Habitat for Humanity – $1,000
- Heart for Life (EKG screenings for high schools and college students) – $500
- St. Thomas Cares Holes for Hope – $600
- St. Thomas Facilities – $500
- Care Pantry – $500
In addition, the Tootsie Roll campaign provided $3,218 those with Intellectual Disabilities
There has been a recent change in the leadership of the Knights. Mike McCormick did a superb job during his tenure as the Grand Knight. We congratulate Tim Berglind who is the new Grand Knight. We thank the Knights for all their good works in our community!