We are certainly fulfilling the last portion of our 35th Anniversary parish theme: Cherished, Charged, Challenged through reopening our worship space during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please take a few moments to read the attached brochure, watch this short video and refer to the notes below that outline some of the changes you will see in order to follow the recommendations of the Diocese of Joliet, State of Illinois and the Centers for Disease Control.
Requirements for worshipping in the Church space
- Online registration is required for all masses
- This allows for contact tracing information and notification in the case of infection
- Face masks are required
- Required use of hand sanitizers upon entering the building
Procedures for Holy Communion
- The Precious Body is the only species of Holy Communion offered to the congregation, with reception only on the hand
- The gifts of bread and wine will be pre-set by the altar – not brought forward by members of the community
- Communicants, at the direction of the Usher, will:
- Sanitize their hands
- Remain socially distanced from others coming towards the altar
- Provide one outstretched arm, with hand facing palm up, to the EM
- After receiving the Precious Body, step to the side to consume the Eucharist
Outdoor Communion Distribution
While we welcome our parish family to worship with us in church, we also realize that there are parishioners who want to participate at Sunday liturgies but are hesitant to worship in church yet. For both weekend Masses, while we are still offering mass in the church, we are also offering an opportunity for worship in your cars, along with receiving Eucharist.