The Jobs Ministry at St. Thomas is a faith-based ministry designed to assist Job Seekers in finding meaningful employment. The Jobs Ministry does not guarantee Job Seekers a job, but provides the tools for finding employment.
There are three paths to support those in job transition: Community, Learning, and Networking.
- Community: Those in job transition gather to help one another by sharing job leads and contacts, conducting resume reviews, practicing elevator speeches, providing job resources and reviewing weekly progress.
- Learning: Various courses are presented during the year including: Job Placement, Six Sigma Green Belt Training, and Resume Reviews.
- Networking: Job Leads are shared through a Yahoo Group. Job Seekers who sign up receive daily and weekly e-mails with job postings that have been contributed by others in transition.
Meeting Times at St. Thomas
- First three Fridays 9:30 am – noon in the Gym
- Fourth Wednesday 7:00 pm
- You can check out current meeting topics HERE
- St. Cajetan Roundtable for Job Search
- Leo Foley Coordinator, 630.926.7005, firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, 630.355.8980
STA Jobs Ministry Resources
- Writing templates
- Resume writing tips
- Interviewing tips
- Networking tips
- and much, much, more! You can download it all HERE
Other Resources Available to those in Transition
Latter Day Saints Outplacement Workshop
Free Two Day Job Search Workshop, 630.369.0785
Work Force Investment Act Grant Writing Seminars at MicroTrain
WIA is a free grant to job seekers looking to upgrade their skills.
Contact: Mamta Nanavaty, 630.981.0204, email@example.com
- Community Career Center, 630.961.5665
- DuPage Executive Network, 630.942.2230
- Executive Network Group
- Gray Hair Management, Executive Networking, 877.975.2800
- TUG Career Services, 630.631.1871
- workNet DuPage Career Center, 630.955.2068
- Joilet Diocesan Employment Resource Center
- List of Parish Ministries
- Career Builder
Jobs Minstry Team Members