THE SACRAMENTS AT THE SERVICE OF COMMUNION: Helping Christians serve the community
A couple planning on being married at St. Thomas should contact the church six months in advance. One year is preferred. Either the bride or groom, or their parents, must be a registered parishioner for at least three months prior to calling to set a date.
Guidelines and directives for scheduling a wedding at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church.
1. The bride or groom must be registered parishioners of St. Thomas for a minimum of three months. We do not schedule weddings of couples not belonging to our parish. Fairness must prevail in this regard.
2. The bride or groom who is living away from the area, but whose parents have been registered parishioners for at least three months may certainly be married here.
3. No wedding may be scheduled in Church if either party has been previously married without first speaking to one of the priests. The pastoral assistant will ask this question when taking the marriage information.
4. Two weddings are scheduled on Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Friday weddings take place at 4:30 p.m.
5. From the time the engaged couple contacts the church and schedules the date, to the actual wedding date, couples should allow eight months to one year for marriage preparation.
6. During this preparation time, couples are asked to participate in (a) a retreat day at St. Thomas or a diocesan retreat weekend, (b) a wedding liturgy workshop, (c) completion of a FOCCUS questionnaire, (d) meetings with a marriage sponsor couple, and (e) meetings with the presiding priest or deacon.
The wedding date selected will be secured by the priest or deacon upon receipt of your $100 deposit. If you do not change the wedding date, the amount will be credited toward the $300 church fee. The $100 deposit will be forfeited upon a date change.
Contact the main office to schedule an appointment to discuss your wedding arrangements. (630) 355-8980.
The next liturgy and music workshop to help couple prepare their wedding mass or ceremony will be scheduled by the Church. Please plan ahead, call the Main Office at (630) 355-8980 for the next scheduled date and to register.
This workshop should not be confused with the Wedding Retreat Day, which couples must also attend.